SF: Great Place for Singles
March 13, 2019
If you’re flying solo and looking for San Francisco apartments for rent, take solace in the fact that the Golden Gate City is one of the hottest spots in the country while you’re experiencing single-dom. Why, you might ask? There’s the fact that the city offers so much to do and see, for starters, but beyond that, the atmosphere is just right for single folk to strut their stuff and have a great time doing it. Today, we’re going to be tackling the realities of single life in The Bay, and touch on some of the great activities you can get into when you’re single and ready to mingle.
The Single Life: San Francisco Style
So let’s get this out of the way first. Are there some qualms that some single-folk have with San Francisco? Absolutely. Take this article from Thrillist for example, which bemoaned the state of the dating scene in San Francisco back in 2015:
“For better or (much, much) worse, dating in SF is not like dating in any other city. It just isn't. Whether it's because we're sometimes too laid back or because we have the best date hikes in the entire world, you won't find another place like it to try to find your lobster.”
Among the many complications the Thrillist article cites, the general “lack of dating etiquette” seems to stick out the most. If you’re looking for chivalry and the old-school “date experience” there’s a chance you’ll need to look for a while, as the San Francisco scene is a bit more fast-paced and every (wo)man for themselves. Add to that the fact that you’ll run into more than your fair share of flakes and “transients” who are only calling San Francisco home for the short term, and you’ve got a potential recipe for some disappointment on your hands. It’s not all gloom and doom, however, as San Francisco is chock full of worthwhile dates-to-be if you happen to be single, as Katey Yurko over on Violet Frog points out:
“We have so many SMART and established men in SF. Most of them are very driven and work their asses off. You actually won’t find many who aren’t hard workers here.”
And the same applies to the women of San Francisco — they’re driven, intelligent, and an A-grade catch for anyone lucky enough to meet them. You just have to know where the meeting takes place! Thankfully, in San Francisco, the spots are plentiful, as we’ll soon find out. First thing you’ll need to do is ditch the dating app and get out there into the real world. As Eventbrite (of all outlets) points out, San Francisco is jam-packed with singles who prefer meeting in real life doing cool stuff, and there are hotspots aplenty to encounter them out:
- The Marina Safeway — It didn’t get its nickname, “the Dateway,” for nothing. The hot to trot frequent this spot like it’s a happening club, and your chances of meeting a few friendly faces are high indeed.
- Crunch — Can you meet a potential date at the gym? If that gym is Crunch, you just might, and in between those vigorous workout sets you just may be able to secure some numbers of interested if you play your cards just right.
- Cow Hollow — This entire neighborhood is full of great spots to mix and mingle throughout the night. Balboa, Mauna Loa, Bar None, and more stand ready to facilitate interesting conversation with some of San Francisco’s most engaging denizens.
- El Rio — Yet another of San Francisco’s “hot” neighborhood bars, with a cool and collected atmosphere and varied settings for all sorts of fun. Take the conversation outside to the patio to enjoy the nighttime views, or stick to the comforts of the indoor bar, and make some friends in a few rounds of ping pong while you’re at it.
- Momo’s — Momo’s bar and grill sits confidently on the South of Market waterfront, and as you sit confidently inside its premises, you can catch other city singles, whether they’ve come to stop in after catching a ballgame or just moseyed on by for a quick drink.
- Casanova Lounge — It’s a lounge, so you know the atmosphere will be just right for striking up a lively conversation with someone interesting. Just be sure not to imbibe too much, and don’t let the superbly comfortable setting throw you off of your A-game.
- Hogwash — Ah, Hogwash. Our Union Station craft beer paradise. While you’re waiting around for a sausage and a brew, be sure to say “hi” to your neighbors at the communal tables and see where it goes from there.
- The Social Study — A cafe with Wi-Fi that transforms into a music-heavy hangout by night? Sign us up! The mood here is just right for meeting someone special, and you’d be doing yourself a disservice by letting it go to waste.
- Barbarossa Lounge — You can enjoy cocktails and more under the dim-lights, and the sultry atmosphere presents a great vibe for laid-back conversation. All you nee
- d to do is break out your moves and go with the flow.
In addition to these popular locations, Eventbrite notes that you can attend just about any training event, museum, or street fair, of which San Francisco has plenty. So, what we’re saying is, minor drawbacks aside, San Francisco is a great place to be single and meet new folks — as long as you’re willing to get out there and make an effort!
The Perfect San Francisco Apartments for Rent When You’re Single
That frenetic solo lifestyle of yours will be complete when you’ve got a killer single’s pad to call your own. For that, you needn’t look any further than The Towers at Rincon, where luxury, comfort, and convenience are a part of everyday life. Positioned in San Francisco’s blossoming downtown, you’ll also be close to all the hippest city happenings, and for a budding single, that combination is all you need for some memorable times. Check out what The Towers are all about, then get ready to upgrade your single life with a brand new apartment that truly fits your personality.